Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Something in the Water.

I swear, being on the bottom of the planet makes you weird.

Maybe it's the slower rotation around the earth's axis, or the high levels of UV radiation, or maybe there's something in penguin poop that gets into our drinking water, but I'm telling you: this place is doing things to me.

On Monday, my left eye twitched for the entire day. Like, 8 hours. Twitch. Twitch. Twitch. Over. And. Over.

On Tuesday, I wrote a short, one-sentence email about a personnel file. Somehow, in about 20 words, I managed to string together a completely non-coherent sentence with multiple verb tenses. I was actually kind of impressed with myself.

On Wednesday, I almost walked into the men's restroom. Literally. I had my hand on the doorknob.

And today, I went to wipe down my treadmill after I worked out. Only I never used the treadmill. I used the elliptical BEHIND the treadmill.

Other small things that point to my decline: I have to re-do about 50% of all words I type (I'm normally a decent typist). I wake up every morning with my comforter half off the bed (I normally sleep very peacefully and daintily). And at lunchtime, I can never remember to hang the sign on the door that says we're at lunch (and I eat lunch every single day).

Oy vey.

Peace, Love &...Why Am I Cleaning a Treadmill?

No comments:

Post a Comment