Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mr. Coffee

Mike and I finally bought a coffee maker.

I know, most people couldn't care less if we bought a coffee maker. But the reason I'm writing about this is mostly because I want the world (or the small circle of people that read my blog) to know that I have officially given up my beloved source of caffeine: Diet Dr. Pepper.

It's going to be difficult, and I'm not very happy about it. But I'm giving it up for the following reasons:

1. The carbonation is bad for my teeth. I already have spotty enamel and always seem to be getting cavities, despite using special toothpaste and fluoride rinse every day. I'd like to keep my teeth, so I'd rather just stain them with coffee than erode them :)

2. The carbonation in diet sodas can lead to osteoporosis. And obviously I don't want that. My mom taught me from a young age to always drink my milk, and I don't want to undo all that good bone building I did as a kid! (In other news, I got these really delicious calcium chews today at Target that taste like Starbursts. No joke, I wanted to eat like 20).

3. There is too much sodium in soda.

4. I think I'll just feel better not drinking it. I can't help but feel like I'm ingesting chemicals when I drink soda, and I'd just rather not feel that way!



So, there you have it. Goodbye Diet Dr. Pepper, hello Mr. Coffee maker. And now I have to stick to it since I've made it public knowledge. Please hold me accountable.

Peace, love, & Mr.Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment