Friday, August 5, 2011

Confession.

I have a problem: I love bright colors way too much.

I try really hard to be an adult and wear "grown up" neutrals; I feel like my closet should be littered with browns, tans, blacks, and grays. Maybe some slate blue or forest green here or there.

Oops, it's not. I have a penchant for all things bright, cheery, and sometimes neon. I can't get over it, and I'm not sure if I ever will. One time I found a gray snowboard jacket that I liked. One time. But I really like the obnoxious ones -- you know, the kind where you can see me from a mile away.

So today, I was at Marshalls, trying on these shorts...



...when I decided that I will no longer be ashamed to purchase and proudly don loud, bright clothing. So, I marched up to the cashier, paid my $7 for my North Face shorts (Mega sale! I love Marshalls!) and walked out the store grinning like a 5 year old. Sorry world, I might blind you with my neon pink t-shirt or my bright green jacket, but I will wear it and love it. Occasionally I will grace your presence with some solid black...but secretly I'll be wishing I had my turquoise shorts on.

Other items I have recently purchased that further prove my inability to buy normal-colored things:




I thought about showing you things I have almost purchased, but then decided against it. I realized that it would 1) take too long, and 2) blind you.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! We're climbing Antero tomorrow, so check back for photos! 

Peace, love, & neon colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment