Tuesday, August 16, 2011

7 Days.

In the past seven days, I...


...read this book in one sitting. Following the near-death experience of a 4 year-old child in emergency surgery, this book is seriously a very good read. Regardless of whether or not you believe in life after death, it certainly gets you thinking about what happens when we die. I started the book a little skeptical, not really sure what to think about claims of visiting heaven and seeing Jesus. However, I finished it pretty convinced that this child experienced something very real. Obviously, no one can ever know what happened. But as a Christian, I believe in divine intervention and in the reality of heaven -- and this book certainly convicted me of whether or not my life really reflects those beliefs. 





...hiked to this waterfall. Our friend David came in town over the weekend, and we managed to work in an overnight camping trip to Glenwood Springs. Hanging Lake (above) is in the area, and I'm so glad we made it! It was gorgeous!


...purchased a mountain car! Mike and I are the loving parents of a new (used) 2002 Subaru Outback, and we couldn't be more excited! Now we won't have to call AAA when we can't get out of a parking spot in Keystone in the dead of winter at 5am. Yes, that almost happened. (Thank you to the random stranger that helped push us out -- we still owe you)

In the past 7 days, I also managed to spill my Iced Skinny Caramel Macchiato all over my work pants, eat 15 mini Reese's in one day, and rack up 50 cents in library overdue fees. 

Peace, love, & ReallyExcitingWeeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment