Monday, September 5, 2011

Like Sardines.

Happy Labor Day! I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend! Mine was a whole four days, and I certainly had a great time. Mike and I had four friends from high school/college come hang out with us in the Mile High City, and we had a blast showing them around and enjoying the cool weather that happened to roll through. Even though Mike and I are thoroughly enjoying our new home and new friendships, it was great to be able to relax with old friends (even if we were all crammed into our teeny apartment like sardines). Here's a recap of the weekend:

Squeezing 2 air mattresses into our living room. Isaac attempted to race Jon and Kathryn's self-inflating mattress using his manual air pump. Valiant effort, but the Pollmann's won.

Hiking out at Golden Gate Canyon State Park

After touring the Coors Brewery, which is one of my favorite things to do in Denver. 3 free beers? Yes, please. 

We also did a lot of scoping out deals at Sniagrab as well (a huge annual ski/snowboard sale), because the four of them are coming back in December to go skiing! Mike and I, of course, couldn't resist the bargains and walked out with a new board for Mike and a killer jacket for me. Can't wait for the season!!


There's a Sniagrab only 1 mile from our house, so it's going to take a lot of self-control to not just drop in on my way home from work for the next week. :) My mantra until the bargain madness is over? "We want to buy a house. We want to buy a house." 

Peace, love & CrowdedApartments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment