Monday, May 30, 2011

Is that an elk skeleton?

Geez, where to even begin? Our Memorial Day weekend was packed with fun. On Friday night, I went to the Denver Day of Rock with some friends (Mike had to Outback it up). The Day of Rock is a free concert series down on the 16th Street Mall, which is this awesome area downtown with a ton of shops, bars and restaurants. Probably the main reason I love it is for the people watching and seeing the random Denverites that try to make a buck off being ridiculous (like this guy "Robo Mike" who dressed like a robot....just to get some cash).  It kind of seemed like it was working, and for a split second I questioned my career. Anyway, we saw Trevor Hall live, which was the main reason I went. He is amazing in concert--his voice sounds so true to his albums, which I love in our world of AutoTune and voice manipulation. And he has hot dreadlocks, so that's a bonus.  :)

Then on Saturday, after a quick run in Wash Park (another Denver fave), Mike and I went and got a Weber grill, camping chairs, and a manly grill utensil set. And we didn't pay a dime (thanks, everyone, for the Target gift cards!!) We tried to grill tonight, but it was insanely windy and the fire blew out in half a second. Oh well, probably later this week!

Sunday was a big day of fun, mostly because the Cardinals were in town! We hung out down in LoDo, grabbed lunch, and then headed to the stadium, proudly reppin' our hometown. It was great, the Redbirds won, and we got fried and now we look like lobsters. We went back down to 16th Street Mall after the game, had a cocktail and a few appetizers, and then headed home. 



Today we got up early for our hike in Golden Gate Canyon State Park. It's about 30-40 minutes from our apartment, but it's an excellent place to go hiking without having to go all the way up into the high country. We figured we did about 6 miles (we had a few detours), made it up to Windy Peak (where it was indeed windy), and had PB&J under a huge tree right by a beautiful mountain pond. Pretty sure it just doesn't get much better than that. Oh, and we saw an elk skeleton.  






So now we are relaxing, and getting really confused (again) because we're watching Lost (for the second time). I will never fully understand that show...but I guess that's the point. 

Peace, love, and Cardinal baseball.

1 comment:

  1. I think dreads are hot toooo!!!!! Like BFF like BFF I guess. These make me smile, even though I think blogs are nerdy lol. Wish we were living there with you guys :(

    ReplyDelete