Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dispatch Rocks My Face Off

If you've never heard of Dispatch, then you absolutely must check them out (click to hear one of my favorite songs). Falling somewhere between rock, folk, roots, indie, and reggae, they are an incredibly talented band. They actually broke up in 2002, but have done a few reunion tours over the years. Their most recent one landed them in Denver this past weekend for a three-day rockfest. We didn't get to go to all three concerts, but we did have the time of our lives at the Saturday night show!

We headed out to Red Rocks Amphitheater with Jimmy and Amanda, and some other folks, to tailgate and hang out before the show. Not only is Red Rocks beautiful, it's a great place to relax, have a Coors, and enjoy some down time before heading in for the concert. We absolutely loved it....and fell even deeper in love with Colorado. :) 



I don't have too many photos from the concert, and the ones I do have are pretty much just flashes of bright lights and neon glows. Suffice it to say though, that it was one of our top favorite memories so far here in the Mile High City. 

On an entirely different note, a random thing that happened to me today: Our office has had an infestation of moths the past week. Seriously, we have no idea where they're coming from and they're really gross. I've seen like 20 in the building. Anyway, my most recent encounter was today in the bathroom. As soon as I sat down to, er, go, a huge moth FLEW INTO THE STALL and couldn't figure out how to get out. Let me tell you, it is really gross mortifying to have wings flapping in your face while you're trying to do your business, even if it's just a harmless moth.

Peace, love, & Dispatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment