Sunday, May 15, 2011

On Being Married

So, I'm sitting here by myself while Mike is working, watching Survivor on our new TV that we just got a few weeks ago! I don't care at all about the show, I'm mostly watching it because I haven't had TV in 10 months and could really use a good dose of mind-numbing trash (apologies to Survivor fans). The best part? We pay nothing for our cable. :) Good ol' rabbit ears gave us 30 free channels, for a $10 one-time payment. We are really good at crunching money.

Anyway, I was thinking that I should share some things I've learned about my husband/marriage over the last month, and what life looks like now that we're semi-settled in.

1. Annoying living habits: Mike leaves cups of water everywhere and always forgets to shut the cabinets in the kitchen (which are, conveniently, the perfect height for me to hit my head on when open). In his defense, I have little habits too, like the fact that my electric toothbrush leaves crusty toothpaste messes everywhere; or that there is a constant arsenal of socks in the bed because I take them off in my sleep; or that I don't like him squishing my cute throw pillows on the couch. ("Christi, they're pillows! They're supposed to be squished!" Yeah, ok, I know. But it makes them deformed.). Anyway, we're kind of enjoying learning about our little quirks (for now), just because we're so happy to finally be living together. :)

2.  Similar vices: These include leaving clothes on the floor, forgetting to move the laundry from the washer to the dryer (resulting in having to re-wash the already-washed clothes because of the mildewy smell), and using entirely too many bowls to the point where we have to run the dishwasher just because we need more bowls. Oh, and hating to clean the bathroom.

3. Wonderfulness: Marriage rocks, hands down. Especially when your husband always cleans the dishes, will sit down with you for hours to form a budget, constantly makes you feel loved and cherished, and never ceases to make you laugh.


I'm glad that special person is you, Mike Wall. And I plan on not annoying you too much, or at least trying not  to. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy - it's just the begining. Christi - you should read "Help me I'm married" by Joyce Meyer - I read it when first married and it's so good - and funny! :) Fiifi leaves things everywhere too and I pick them up and put them away and then he blames me when he can't find anything :) The joy. But so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, one more thing - Fiifi and I love to help eachother out of funks by using one of our favorite seinfeld quotes "You can't just de-sour, you have to sweeten! You gotta de-sour and sweeten!" Even when in a bad funk or bad mood, it's pretty hard not to smile when we say "you better de-sour and sweeten!" haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Mike and I will have to remember that, especially since he loves Seinfeld! The little things are totally worth it -- it is SO fun living together and getting to spend so much time together.

    ReplyDelete