Thursday, December 8, 2011

Party Like It's 1999.

So, I was thinking today.

Per my last blog post, you're probably shocked. I understand that.

So when January 1, 2012 rolls around, I will be two days into my "On Ice" experience. Given that I will probably be doing more scrambling/dashing/scurrying (read: trying to make sense of my new surroundings far away from all civilization) than actual rational thinking, I figured I should go ahead and write up my New Year's resolutions.

So, here we go.

  • Crochet an afghan
  • Read 52 books, one for each week of the year:
    1. The Help (Kathryn Stockett)
    2. A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Child Soldier (Ishmael Beah)
    3. Island of the Blue Dolphins (Scott O'Dell)
    4. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (Mark Haddan)
    5. Animal Farm (George Orwell)
    6. Halfway to Heaven: My White-Knuckled--and Knuckleheaded--Quest for the Rocky Mountain High  (Mark Obmascik)
    7. Play It As It Lays (Joan Didion)
    8. Crazy Love (Francis Chan)
    9. Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden)
    10. Of Mice and Men (John Steinbeck)
    11. Cry, the Beloved Country (Alan Paton)
    12. Water for Elephants (Sara Gruen)
    13. Traveling Mercies (Anne Lammott)
    14. Schindler's List (Thomas Keneally)
    15. The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)...a little bit embarrassed to say I read it. A little bit proud to say that having read it, I don't understand the hype and I kind of thought it was silly.
    16. Daniel (Henning Mankell)
    17. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Alan Bradley)
    18. The Great Divorce (CS Lewis)
    19. Bossypants (Tina Fey)
    20. Even Silence Has an End (Ingrid Bentancourt)
    21. Love Wins (Rob Bell)
    22. Girl with a Pearl Earring (Tracy Chevalier)
    23. The Kitchen House (Kathleen Grissom)
  • Hike five more 14ers
    1. Mt. Evans (6/24/12)
    2. Grays Peak (7/4/12)
    3. Torreys Peak (7/4/12)
    4. Missouri Mountain (7/29/12)
    5. Mt. Democrat (8/4/12)
    6. Mt. Lincoln (8/4/12)
    7. Mt. Bross (8/4/12)
  • Run two 5ks and one 10k
    • 10k: McMurdo Station Scott Hut Run
  • Travel New Zealand...... :) 
That's all I can think of for now. Maybe I'll post more as I think of them.

Peace, Love, & StickingToMyGoals.

No comments:

Post a Comment