Sunday, December 4, 2011

Losing It.

Pardon my lack of blog activity. I have been too busy losing my mind to write.

Here's what my past week has consisted of.

The first thing I did was lose my driver's license in St. Louis. Since we had to drive back to Denver, and I didn't want to subject Mike to going solo through the entire state of Kansas, I had to file a police report in the event that I got pulled over or in an accident. Did you know that police stations are not open the day after Thanksgiving? Yeah, we didn't either. But, we managed to track down a not-so-friendly Ballwin cop, who decided it would be hilarious to tell me there was a warrant out for my arrest. You sir, are not funny, and you need to stop shaving your arms because it makes you look like a girl.

Next up: You know that Raytheon corporate credit card I've been waiting on for 2 weeks? The one I need so that I can get down to Antarctica? It finally came!!
.........And then I accidentally threw it away. *Cue panic and frantic conversation with Raytheon corporate employee to rush new card to apartment*

And last but not least: My friend Gretchen is generously letting me raid her personal library for some books to take on my trip. We scheduled a date and time for me to come check out her books. Want to know what I did instead? I went to a hair appointment and put up my Christmas tree. I didn't even realize that I had forgotten until today.

Guys, I AM NOT THIS PERSON. I am the person whose planner is filled in with every detail of my schedule. I am the person who arrives early to friend dates. I am the person WHO DOES NOT THROW AWAY CORPORATE CREDIT CARDS THAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING ON FOR WEEKS.

I need to slow down. Maybe then I'll find my sanity again.



In other news, here is a picture of Mike, Stacy and I in Breck on Saturday. I did invent this rad new style of snowboarding: it's called "The Paranoid" -- you ride really carefully and slowly so that you don't break a wrist or tear an ACL, which would cause you to lose all chances of deploying to Antarctica. Your friends have to wait for you at the bottom of the run, but the main point is to make it down the mountain without dismemberment, decapitation, or any other form of severe injury. I highly recommend it.


Peace, Love, and Insanity.

1 comment:

  1. Two things:

    One -- I think I LOVE this new you...cause it's much more like ME! Life's too short to be so organized lol

    Two -- fave comment of probably all your blogs combined, "You sir, are not funny, and you need to stop shaving your arms because it makes you look like a girl." Bahhaahhahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete