Sunday, October 16, 2011

Simple.

Two words can describe my weekend: thankful & joyful

On Saturday morning, when I had to be at work at 7am, Mike got up with me and made me a cup of coffee. So simple, but so sweet. He didn't need to get up early on his day off!

On Saturday afternoon, I got the sudden urge to bake cupcakes. (Like, a LOT of cupcakes. So many that I had to give a lot away.) The recipe was awesome and they turned out great even at altitude, and I really did enjoy giving them out to friends. Being thankful for something as simple as cupcakes might seem odd, but delicious food is something I take for granted. There are so many people in the world who don't have the luxury of being able to bake or eat yummy food, so I'm thankful for never knowing the pain of hunger. (Click here to read about a project that our church took part in to help feed those in need. I couldn't go because I had to work -- see above -- but it's an awesome organization!)



On Saturday evening, when I was sleepy and cranky after working and baking absurd amounts of cupcakes, Mike made me get up and go on a walk at Castlewood Canyon State Park. There were no dramatic peaks, but it was so peaceful, and it made me so glad to live in Colorado. Thanks, hubs, for getting me off the couch! 






On Sunday afternoon, we hung out with friends from church, and I was so grateful for and excited about the community we've built and the relationships we've developed. The people of Denver Pres are awesome, and have blessed us in so many ways.

And last but not least....it looks like the Cards are going to the World Series. :) 

Peace, love, & LotsOfCupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment