Sunday, May 6, 2012

Meow.

As you may or may not know, my family is moving to Salt Lake City this summer. 

So are the Penn Family animals.

And instead of flying out in the cargo hold of an airplane (a situation likely to end up in either a dead or cross-eyed cat), Kira is living at 5280 until the family moves! My dad already started his new position in SLC, and so he dropped off Kira with Mike and I on his way through Denver. Mom and Gracie will pick her up when they move later this summer, after the house is sold. 


At first I was a little nervous about having the cat (even though I volunteered), because cats generally annoy me, and I haven't had to face the responsibility of pet ownership since I lived with my parents. 

However, Kira is slowly winning over my cold, cat-hating heart. She is pretty much the only cat I like, because she doesn't smell bad and she doesn't have an obnoxious meow -- except early in the morning, when she demands attention. But that's ok, I can deal with that. She is content with you holding her, she's content with you not. She's happy to meet new people, but she's definitely not going to kill you with kindness or try to woo you with affectionate purrs (she'll probably just rub up against your leg once or twice -- to let you know she's there). Her only vices are knocking over cups of water when you're not looking and gnawing on things like fake plants in vases. Not a bad package :)

{Vice #1}

Mike and I have also found Kira to be a great source of entertainment. We've already found her in bizarre places (like behind our liquor stash on top of our refrigerator). She is adorable when she plays with her beloved hot pink Easter egg, and she's taken a great liking to Mike's backscratcher made of golf tees. She's a man's cat too -- she likes to sit outside with Mike on the balcony and drink beer on Friday evenings.

{Exploring the balcony}

All this goes to say that I am publicly acknowledging my love for Kira. 
And that my family might not get her back. 

Peace, love & kitty cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment